Weekly public classes at Heartspace Troy
Tuesdays at 5:45pm Tantra Vinyasa is a complete hatha practice weaving philosophy, asana, pranayama, and meditation. More advanced postures and pranayama, bandha and mudra may also be explored. For advanced beginners.
Wednesdays at 9am With Hatha Yoga you will develop flexibility, strength and balance with an emphasis on alignment and energetic balancing. Class offers a broad range of asana, breathing and restorative postures.
Jivayate: Build Your Vitality
Rest Well: The Art & Science of True Rejuvenation
Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
Friday, June 1st 6-8:30pm
Saturday, June 2nd 9-5pm
Sunday, June 3rd 9-3:30pm
Whether we wish to admit it or not, overstimulation, anxiety, exhaustion and their attendant symptoms are a toxic pandemic in our society. Individuals have supplanted restful leisure time with an ever expanding to do list and the ‘off’ button seems further out of reach. This systemic depletion sabotages our health and desire to thrive. The drive to do and be more cannot be supported unless we understand and engage in activities that deeply relax and nourish our depleted minds and bodies.
Enter Restorative Yoga: a compendium of practices that can provide just what we need to feed, cherish, revivify and rejuvenate, but done haphazardly or without a deep understanding, its effectiveness is diminished. Yoga Vidya offers a carefully researched, comprehensive program that examines not just the ‘how’, but the ‘why’ of this deeply rejuvenative branch of hatha yoga. If you are a teacher, therapist or health worker who wishes to serve in a more healing and profound way, or if you just want to learn more about how to serve yourself, this program is for you!
Includes Manual, Faculty Support and Certificate of Completion
What you will learn:
- The Science of Relaxation and Restoration
- Anatomy and Physiology, current theory and the subtle (yogic) body as it relates to restorative yoga
- The Principles and Practices of Restorative Yoga
- Alignment and Prop Usage for Restorative Asana
- Detailed examination, breakdown, contraindications and modifications of key restorative asanas
- Specific sequences for conditions including: Anxiety, Menstruation, PMS, Headache, Insomnia, Mood Improvement
- How to teach restorative yoga, including teaching challenges, adapting to suit the individual and when and how to add restoratives into a public class
- Visualization and Meditation to enhance the experience
- Intro to the Science and practice of Yoga Nidra
This workshop is eligible for 25 Yoga Alliance Continuing Ed credits